[BC] Clear Channel planning to sell off

Robert Meuser Robertm
Fri Sep 15 10:50:14 CDT 2006

Scott

That is a revisionist version of history.  8 years ago CC as we now know
it did not exist. If you look back, CC stations with big stations like
WOAI. Then then merged with Jacor which had large medium and some small
stations. It was AM FM that bought a large number of small stations (
and bought Prophet). They merged with Chancellor Media Corp which was a
merger of Chancellor Broadcasting and Evergreen. It was only after all
that happened, that the final Clear Channel merger came along and made
it the Giant Company it is today. Those small stations were already there.