[BC] Clear Channel planning to sell off

Rich Wood richwood
Fri Sep 15 10:36:34 CDT 2006

------ At 07:50 AM 9/15/2006, Jim Keen wrote: -------

>Slow rumor and innuendo day......

Actually "I haven't had a big story since Monica Lewinsky."

Clear Channel went on a massive buying spree and bought companies
with marginal stations to get the good ones. It was simply a matter
of time before the novelty of the poor performers wore off. Now it's
time to tighten up the ship. As has been mentioned, companies are
dumping stations for all sorts of reasons. I've believed it was just
a matter of time before Disney got rid of radio. It's just not a
radio company. As a former ABC radio employee I find it sad to let
all those incredible heritage facilities go. For me, the sadder thing
will be when they fire most of the ABC personnel to pay the mortgage.
CBS is now run by a TV guy. Sell off radio to pay for Katie.

And all this time I though IBUZ was supposed to save the day.

Rich