[BC] Oh No another automation comparison question

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Fri Sep 15 01:51:04 CDT 2006

Not only that, but when dealing with computer based automation systems it's most often the case of
taking the time to become familiar with the system. Most of the current systems can jump through
hoops and tons of other fun tricks, yet if you don't take the time to read the book and learn the
system, it seems the only trick it can do is roll over and play dead. The other side of that problem
is once you know one system you tend to prefer it because you know how to make it do its tricks.
I've noticed that while many of the boxes can perform the same tricks I have yet to see any 2 to go
about it the same way. That means it is a learning curve and often brain draining trying to jump
from one system to another.

About 2 years ago I had to automate a news talk station in a very short period of time while moving
it to a new facility. The station owner asked me what automation system to get and I pushed him back
to the Phantom only because it was the system I knew backwards forwards and sideways. Which meant
that was the only system I felt comfortable setting up for news talk in a short period of time.
(literally starting off programing it for the next hour).

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD
aalso at bellsouth.net