[BC] Rich might not have EAS to kick around much longer

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Sep 14 08:29:53 CDT 2006

------ At 10:47 PM 9/13/2006, Barry Mishkind wrote: -------

>According to reports, the Senate just included the Warning, Alert,
>and Response Network (WARN) in a current bill.
>
>If actually adopted, Rich might be able to rest easy. Not only might
>he not have to say or type "EAS" any more, but he could rejoice that
>the whole system of transmitting public safety alerts will be
>"fixed" ... and perhaps even manned by Federally trained workers
>experienced in wireless technologies.

Yup. I'm chomping at the bit that they'll find another horse trainer
political contributor to run the whole shebang. Maybe a heavy duty
banker with a tender heart.

How many systems have we gone through? I vote to let the weather
service take a serious crack at it. Their system may not be perfect
but I've gotten far more relevant alerts from them than any other
system. Keep the politicians away.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia