[BC] Tweaking AudioVault (WAS:Oh No another...)

Larry Fuss lfuss2
Wed Sep 13 20:20:37 CDT 2006

> > It's not horrible, though. tedious, yes... but that is generally not a
>>  significant obstacle for an Engineer who is skilled in PC tech.
>
>  But how many small stations have such a person?

>That's a good question... perhaps they know someone locally who could help?

Or their CE knows someone?

Locally?  In American Samoa?  ROTFLMAO.

>  We only have one.  It happens all the time.  Unless we force a database
>  rebuild, it can sometimes take days for a cut to show up.

> Wow! Ours has never taken more than an instant! The only "delay" is the
time
it takes for the system to mirror to/from the other box. It sounds liek
there
is something *wrong* with your system's configuration. Try asking for Eric
Behymer when you contact BE. He is probably their *best* Tech. he should be
able
to walk you through the repair... it's probably something as simple as
changing something in the INI file. (Perhaps there is a typo in your INI
file? That
can give it fits.)

The INI files were done entirely by BE.  I'm afraid to try anything myself.
I'll ask Eric next time I talk to him.

>  It happens about once every 6 months.  We have Vault 2.

Wow... running under which OS? Ours is XP Pro

Windows 2000.

>  Must be a configuration setting that allows it to go back and play a log
>  from the
>  previous week.  Mine doesn't do that.  I'd look into it, but you have to
be
>  a rocket
>  surgeon to handle configuration.  Maybe I'll call support and ask.  I
might
>  get a callback
>  in 3 days.

> Hmmm... does yours use the same log filenames every week? Or does it
require
dated filenames?

Ah-ha.  But we use ABC LocalMax, which uses dated logs, so looks like I'm
tied into
that method of operation.  Oh well.

LF