[BC] WWL-AM New Orleans

PeterH5322 peterh5322
Wed Sep 13 01:16:15 CDT 2006

>Hmmm,,,  Do you know precisely where these Central and South America Calass
>A's are?  Just curious...
>
>> However, I can see that "Rio" added four Class As on 870 in Central and
>> South America:
>>
>> 1) 2/2 kW (yet they call this a Class A !?! ), <-- YNR6, RELOJ NACION, NU
>>
>> 2) 100/100 kW, <-- LRA, RADIO NACION, AR
>>
>> 3) 10/10 kW, and <-- HJLA, IBAGUE 4, CO
>>
>> 4) 50/50 kW, <-- YVKU, CARACAS, VE

Incidentally, 1350's tower heights, orientations and spacings are
consistent with full power operations on 870, but not with authorized
efficiency.

A pattern which provides equivalent protection towards the South could be
provided at 10, 25 or possibly even 50 kW, but the taller tower would be
away from the stations to be protected, which is not the optimum
condition.

WWL's array is due N-S. 1350s is East of North by 3.5 degrees.