[BC] Part 15 LPAM Questions?

Robert Meuser Robertm
Mon Sep 11 17:13:33 CDT 2006

Willie

You are on the right track. Here is where the rub comes in. If you build
a one off compliant unit that has some of the 'unusual' features you
suggest, it will be judged differently than a manufactured FCC approved
box. This is, of course, all in the eye of the local inspector. Now, if
you manufactured that same unit, you would likely be judged differently.

Taking a composite of your ideas, you might want stack those drums, weld
them together, put them on top of a coil form of the same diameter, use
the strap for the loading coil and wrap and silver solder the drums with
copper strap so it has a single solid copper surface :-)