[BC] Studio? We don't need no stinkin' studio!

Bill Croghan loteng
Mon Sep 11 16:20:28 CDT 2006

Hi Cowboy,

	Thanks to Harold's site,

	From what I can find and have been teaching at the community
college, the rules show only the following restrictions on this subject.  If
there is another restriction I'd be very interested in knowing where it is.

Sec.  97.113   Prohibited transmissions.
   (5) Communications, on a regular basis, which could reasonably be
furnished alternatively through other radio services.

	I guess this means that if I have a cell phone (Which is a radio
service), I would have to use it first to call my friend with another cell
phone, but if I'm at home using the wire line system I can use my Radio?

	I think the way you describe it was in the rules back in the dark
ages when I was first licensed but was loosened up somewhere along the
line.

Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,