[BC] FCC & 9/11

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Mon Sep 11 14:44:11 CDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Alan Kline <akline at netins.net> wrote:
> Art's basically correct--the CBS delay was 28:50.  I haven't heard of any
> CBS affiliates delaying or refusing to clear the special. Rich is correct;
> it ran commercial-free.  And there were no visuals of bodies hitting the
> ground.  No doubt the sounds were on the audio track, but I certainly
> couldn't differentiate the sounds of bodies hitting from all of the other
> sounds that were present.
>
> I think the FCC would be on very shaky ground if it tried any enforcement
> action, as "9/11" has been broadcast twice previously with no actions
> being taken against any station.

I didn't watch the program, but Don Wildmon posted an "Action Alert"
on Thursday, stating  that it "contains much obscene language" and
wanted his disciples to complain to their local CBS affiliate's
General Manager.

Never one to miss an opportunity, he asked for a "small gift" too!

http://www.afa.net/aa090706.asp

No word on the AFA homepage yet about any alleged violations.

Mark