[BC] FCC & 9/11

Alan Kline akline
Mon Sep 11 14:21:20 CDT 2006

Art's basically correct--the CBS delay was 28:50.  I haven't heard of any
CBS affiliates delaying or refusing to clear the special. Rich is correct;
it ran commercial-free.  And there were no visuals of bodies hitting the
ground.  No doubt the sounds were on the audio track, but I certainly
couldn't differentiate the sounds of bodies hitting from all of the other
sounds that were present.

I think the FCC would be on very shaky ground if it tried any enforcement
action, as "9/11" has been broadcast twice previously with no actions
being taken against any station.

ak