[BC] Part 15 LPAM Question?

Richard Fry rfry
Sun Sep 10 05:03:55 CDT 2006

>I'd put a 102 inch CB whip (with spring) atop the cabinet,
>and stick the whole thing 25 feet in the air (preferably 25 feet
>above a nice steel frame building that the mounting pole
>is lightning grounded to with a nice wide strap).
>No "ground lead" would be used.

But in reality, conductors such as the building frame and the nice wide
strap connected to the tx chassis by a low-Z path will become part of the
Part 15 AM radiator length along with the 102" whip, and likely will
radiate more field than the whip, itself.

So this system _would_ have a functional 25 foot ground lead, even if that
isn't recognized at first.

RF