[BC] Emergency Traffic

JYRussell@academicplanet.com jyrussell
Sat Sep 9 17:16:15 CDT 2006

I had started working up a plan to expand some of our local ham / EOC
stuff by putting together a co-op of the local hams, the local VFD,
the emergency management co-ordinators office..  if we share space on
our repeaters, and our pl stuff, there should be no reason for holes
in the VHF pattern the State has allocated for the VFD's - at least
not during multi-agency efforts.  (as well as the SO, and several
PD's. use VHF in our area)

   OUr fire chief decided it was not the thing to do as it would be
possible for 'non-emergency personnel' to listen in, and possibly interfere.

   I'll remind him about that when the tones go out for hams and such
this tornado season...
Jason
----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Alexander" <dynotherm at earthlink.net>