[BC] Emergency Traffic /was/ Studio? We don't need no stinkin' studio!

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Fri Sep 8 15:32:04 CDT 2006

On 9/8/06, Glen Kippel <glen.kippel at gmail.com> wrote:

> They are Securite' and Pan.  To be repeated 3 times, just as the distress
> call.  I have never seen a movie where any of these are correctly used.

If anyone wants to hear a real distress call where "Mayday" and "Pan
Pan" were used, here's an MP3 clip of Marine Channel 16, recorded May
9, 1980 just after the freighter Summit Venture hit a pier of the
Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay, killing 35 people.

http://www.jumperpool.com/sound/mayday.mp3

Mark