[BC] Part 15 LPAM Question?

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Fri Sep 8 14:56:29 CDT 2006

Robert,
  There are one or two Class C Channels I found around here that are
Clean during the day. Nighttime is the same ole clutter.
  You mention you know of some Part 15 experimenters using an E-H
Antenna on Local Channels.  Isn't that the Antenna Ted Hart has been
trying to get the FCC to approve?  Have those guys had any success using
that?
  I talked to Ted Hart back before Christmas of last year. He said he
has some licensed station trying to get approval to beta test his
antenna.
  I thought I might try building a Part 15 LPAM (Test Station) and put
it on 1400, just to see what coverage I would have, vs. the X Band
Channels. Now just finding the time to do it! I would bet a Rangemaster
with Omnia processing would be perfect to use on that channel.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Rev. Robert P.
Chrysafis
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 2:20 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Part 15 LPAM Question?

that is pretty much the story with the AM band. we choose "X" Band to
squeeze the most out of the daytime signal. at our power levels and
antenna
restrictions we'll get trashed at night wherever we put our signal.

So we ussually pick the "X" Band. We have a few Part 15 Experimenters
Employing E-H antenna's on the Local Channels, but that is about it.

Generally "X" band for Part 15.219 and Lower Channels for Carrier
Current :)