[BC] Emergency Traffic /was/ Studio? We don't need no stinkin' studio!

Glen Kippel glen.kippel
Fri Sep 8 13:58:00 CDT 2006

On 9/8/06, Phil Alexander <dynotherm at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Trivia question #2 - what are the two lower urgency priorities
> and what are the code words associated with them, below the
> distress message category?

They are Securite' and Pan.  To be repeated 3 times, just as the distress
call.  I have never seen a movie where any of these are correctly used.
"Mayday" has the accent on the last syllable, since it is French "m'aidez"
for "help me."  Say it 3 times, followed by the callsign and the nature and
location of the emergency.