[BC] LPFM's

Cowboy curt
Fri Sep 8 06:13:07 CDT 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 10:10 pm, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 09/07/2006 8:58:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> curt at spam-o-matic.net writes:

> >   The rule says that a translator may not interfere with any full service
> > station.
>
> That's what I thought... but was told that if you're outside the protected
> contour, tough luck.

 My experience is from the other end of the letter from the Commission.

> >   It makes no distinction about that station, provided the complaint is from
> >   a listener and not someone affiliated with that station in any way.
>
> I am not affiliated with them... but because I am a broadcaster, I wonder...?
> Maybe best to get family & friends involved, no?

 It won't make you any friends.
 If it looked like an organized conspiracy, I'd generally win, and you'd lose.

 A legit complaint is one thing, a campaign against the translator is another.
 That, and you MUST give the translator a chance to resolve the problem.

--
Cowboy