[BC] CD Players vs. Hard Drive Storage and Automation

Steve Newman shnewman
Thu Sep 7 21:31:41 CDT 2006

I'm using (and have beta tested) StationPlaylist which used to use Winamp as
its engines. The author(s) wrote their own engines and still allowed for the
use of DSP plugins. I just put a format on the air using the latest version
of the software and it sounds GREAT. I test it here on my network. There are
NO...I said NO...EOM messages. You can set a default crossover/segue point
and the software uses level and waveform analysis to make some of the most
incredible segues I've heard. I remember saying "I couldn't segue that
well". It's written in New Zealand and the cost of the Creator (the music
programming module) and Studio ( the playout module) is about a little over
$300 American. A yearly fee of $46 bucks and you get the upgrades and
support. The guy has done a great job. The new version had some bugs at
first but now it runs very well. Oh, it uses only ONE soundcard. Many
automation systems use multiple sound cards. Anyway a plug for Ross Levis'
StationPlaylist. Nice stuff.

Steve Newman
Steve Walker Productions
Opp, AL  36467