[BC] Shure desktop microphone

RLO2L@aol.com RLO2L
Thu Sep 7 16:37:03 CDT 2006

In a message dated 9/7/2006 4:25:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
seaberg1 at sbcglobal.net writes:

Sounds  to me like you might have a desk top mike used for mobile radio.  I
wonder if it has a push-to-talk switch wired into the mike stand to key  the
transmitter since you have five wires.
Bob --  W3MDM

Bob:

The Shure 450 is a general purpose desk-top microphone for paging
applications. The audio quality is not all that bad for its intended purpose. I  would
not use it as a broadcast quality microphone.

We used them over the years in plant pa paging applications and the earlier
Bogen School Intercom installations.

What is your application?

Russel L.  O'Toole, P.C.
R&M Consulting