[BC] CD Players

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky
Thu Sep 7 15:15:58 CDT 2006

> Community Radio, who is in charge?  Tell them they have to play what's
> in the hard drive. If they don't like it, tell them to go build their
> own Part 15 Community Station, then they can play all they want.

>From a technical perspective, I agree. At University stations and
Community stations there are many DJ's that have large libraries
that they bring with them. The stations could not practically
store tens of thousands of cuts from the many genres of music.
At one station, we have forty (40) different styles from rap to
gospel, Abba to Zappa, alternative, metal, big bands, jazz and
so on. Then there are the ethnic shows. We even maintain
turntables (a DJ mixer for the rap/Hip-hop) and a single TT for
the big bands.

One of the staples I construct and install at my Univ clients is
a Bud box with two XLR female jacks, two 1/4" TRS and two
RCA jacks all wired in stereo, in parellel. This way an external
mixer, iPod, laptop computer, etc. can be accomodated into a
pot on the board.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE