[BC] CD Players

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Thu Sep 7 13:47:07 CDT 2006

I actually saw a posting on this list asking how many stations still
played CDs?
My station is on satellite, so I don't have to worry about that, except
on Sunday. It's funny, on Sundays, the local churches that buy time from
me that have delayed, recorded broadcast on my station all now record
them on CD, but they will bring the CD to me and call it a "TAPE", like
we were still recording and playing cassettes! I now QUICKLY correct
them, and explain, we are in the digital age, and we no longer play
tapes. I haven't played a cassette on my station in over 3 years!

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Cason, Scott
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:06 PM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: [BC] CD Players

>>Have you considered going to music-on-HD, instead?

I am trying to push them in that direction.  We are getting a new Enco
system installed this month and I think I'm gonna have to tell the
programmers to at least put the core playlist on hard drive and we'll
keep
re-currents and oldies on CD to play.  That will take some of the load
off
the CD players.  I'm just amazed at the crap the CD player manufactures
are
putting out now.  And I absolutely, positively refuse to put consumer
gear
in the control room.  The fact that we are AES/EBU digital from the mic
the exciter helps in that regard.

Scott Cason

Interm Chief Engineer

Public Radio Partnership