[BC] LPFM's

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Thu Sep 7 11:44:40 CDT 2006

In a message dated 09/06/2006 10:37:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dpuopolo at usa.net writes:

> My point wasn't the length of the ID. It was that thos outfit has DOZENS of
>  stations in this area, many overlapping. What about the college or High
> School
>  that wants ONE station???!!! They can't get one because of this outfit
> gorging
>  themselves at the trough!

We have something similar here in CT, although not quite as big as that. They
have multiuple translators, all within their primary coverage areas. Yes,
plural. Their primary signal, and a full-power repeater station. (Also
overlapping.) I can hear them on at least 4 or 5 frequencies with a portable. Oh, and
they want *more*! Not only do they already have one X-lator less than 1/2 mile
from my house, they have an app for a 100 watter about a mile away from that
one! Yet you cannot even get a 10 watt LPFM up here. Yeah, there's something
rotten in Denmark, alright. If they light-up that 100 watter, that will
obliterate another station that I listen to.

Willie...