[BC] For you east coasters...... Florence

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Sep 7 08:07:54 CDT 2006

------ At 11:12 PM 9/6/2006, Dennis Cope wrote: -------

>Does anyone know how much doo-doo I am in, due to the transmitter
>transmitting a dead carrier for 12 hours (no power at the studio) cause I
>could not get to the island due to flood waters over the road and phone
>lines down?

In the wondrous new rules there have been so many changes it's hard
to say. Under earlier regulations you had to have a fail safe system
that dumped the carrier when the remote control connection failed.
With IP devices that have no physical connection, I assume that rule
has been dropped.

Under these circumstances I would bet that you're in no trouble, at
all. I can't imagine the FCC requiring you to risk your life to drop
a carrier, though the deficit is growing and you might be able to
help bring it down with a fine. If you're an Air America station I'd
bet on a fine. If you're FOX News, no sweat.

Rich