[BC] LPFM's

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Sep 7 08:01:38 CDT 2006

------ At 09:46 PM 9/6/2006, Mark Humphrey wrote: -------

>I'm considering filing a petition for rulemaking that would eliminate
>the legal requirement for simulcast "networks" to identify their
>stations aurally, as long the the individual callsign of each station
>is transmitted at least once per minute via RDS or another approved
>digital broadcast protocol (including the iBiquity system).   If
>anyone has thoughts on this, please email me off list.

Temple University runs a gaggle of stations or translators in
Pennsylvania and ID's each one separately. When I was at WGBH,
Boston, we had a network of stations along the East Coast. They were
all independent and ID'd individually. One of them was owned by the
Albany Medical College, now Northeast Public Radio. They also have a
gaggle of stations in Upstate New York. The IDs take forever. It
sounds a little like the legalese in car commercials.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258