[BC] LPFM's

Black, Mike black
Thu Sep 7 00:35:28 CDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Dana Puopolo
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:33 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] LPFM's
In many cases, these dozens of stations provide a legitimate public
radio service. In the case of one organization, they are the only signal
in some of the rural towns, and no one wants a station there other than
a satellite religious broadcaster. If it is another entity I know of,
they purchased some of their stations from commercial entities. In both
cases, I don't believe any MX's existed or fights over awarding the CP.
It is awfully hard to cry foul, because you are the newcomer on the
block.

Mike

My point wasn't the length of the ID. It was that thos outfit has DOZENS
of
stations in this area, many overlapping. What about the college or High
School
that wants ONE station???!!! They can't get one because of this outfit
gorging
themselves at the trough!

-D