[BC] LPFM's

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Wed Sep 6 21:28:50 CDT 2006

On 9/6/06, Black, Mike <black at hws.edu> wrote:
> There is another way...Local insertion of the ID at the remote
> transmitter site. However, too simple.

Triggering the ID playback devices at the remote sites can be a
challenge, unless the operator doesn't mind dialing up every remote
control once an hour.  I know of some stations using an SCA for this
purpose, but if they've been leased out to ethnic broadcasters or a
reading service, these channels may not be available.

Also, networks that encode their "HD" digital feed at the studio,
before it hits the STLs, satellite, etc. have no convenient way to
insert a local ID (into the HD channel) at each site.  Not a big
problem at present, but it has the potential to become one.

Mark