[BC] LPFM's

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Wed Sep 6 20:48:38 CDT 2006

On 9/5/06, Dana  Puopolo <dpuopolo at usa.net> wrote:
> Today I was driving through upstate New York listening to the noncom band. I
> heard a station ID that took almost THREE MINUTES because there were so many
> LOCAL noncoms involved! Please explain to me how THIS benefits the local
> area???

I'm considering filing a petition for rulemaking that would eliminate
the legal requirement for simulcast "networks" to identify their
stations aurally, as long the the individual callsign of each station
is transmitted at least once per minute via RDS or another approved
digital broadcast protocol (including the iBiquity system).   If
anyone has thoughts on this, please email me off list.

Mark