[BC] A Question About AM Radio & AM Stereo....

r j carpenter rcarpen1
Tue Sep 5 23:26:15 CDT 2006

Paul,

I'd guess that the second harmonic is created by overload in the
receiver.  We have a situation here in the DC area with class B stations
on 630 and 1260.  Many car radios have trouble hearing 1260 if they are
close to 630 on I-270.   I had an aftermarket radio that was much worse
than the original-equipment radio in this respect. I reinstalled the OEM
radio since I liked the format that 1260 was playing at the time.

bob c.