[BC] The religious radio rant

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Sep 5 23:05:58 CDT 2006

In a message dated 09/05/2006 11:45:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Towers at mre.com writes:

> The biggest crooks are those which steal in the name of God, Jesus,
>  Mohammed, Allah, or who ever is revered as a deity.  I see/hear a LOT
>  of so called preachers out there on the air doing nothing but lining
>  their pockets....in the name of the lord...or who ever in higher power.

It's the squeaky wheel syndrome in full force. There are far more *honest*
ones, doing the *right* things, than there are charlatans. The good news and the
good guys don't make news, so they go unnoticed. Let one bad apple be
exposed, and there's a media feeding frenzy... all anyone talks about is "that
corrupt preacher" and then makes the ultimate (and grossly unfair) stereotype:
"They're all the same. All they want is your money!"

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Just because there is a *very tiny* minority of money-grubbing, bad
preachers, does NOT justify painting the remaining majority of good & honest ones with
the same brush.

Willie...