[BC] LPFM's

stanleybadams stanleybadams
Tue Sep 5 19:01:26 CDT 2006

I hope I do not come across as a real dink, but you know, I do not care if
all the LPFM's fail nor many of the other stations who are nothing but
satellite distributors.  This goes for most of the religious stations that
are just taking up space as translators.  None of this is what the FCC
considered real broadcasting in 1927, 1934, 1950 or any other year for that
matter.

I know that this is a bad sounding attitude, but I am not having an attitude
here.  What in the hell is a LPFM except for a political definition?  I
thought Class A, B and C and all of the D's you can find are supposed to be
local radio stations? Ya know?  Is this hard to understand?

Why do we not license 500 mw stations to serve a half mile all over the
country?  Another stupid idea.  This whole concept of the Local Programming
on the FCC web site is nothing but bad oversight done gone to seed.  We are
now reaping weeds from all of this crap.  Broadcasting was only and always
envisioned to serve the community, that is why there were rules set up to
follow.  Pardon me, if the rules are politically not in favor, pardon me if
I am too traditional, but what in the hell have we been supposed to be doing
for the last 70 some years.

This is all political, and the FCC and the politicians want everyone to buy
into it. It only covers the miserable decisions of the last 20 plus years as
budgets were cut and the NAIA (read POLITICS) was built up to compete with
the Commission. We have plenty of radio stations as it is with good enough
resources to do local programming and community service.  Perhaps what we
need to do now is to make the FCC require a two week programming sample and
hold each station accountable.  Why is this so hard, people?

Stan