[BC] Re: FIRST LPFM BITES THE BUST

Black, Mike black
Tue Sep 5 08:54:46 CDT 2006

I tend to agree there is more here than just IBOC. Perhaps the person is
tired of running a volunteer organization and keeping it on the air. I
mean, he is retired. Maybe he just wants to relax a bit. However, there
are other options. Transfer the license and sell the equipment to the
new licensee or do as you suggest. However, is there a school district,
community group, town or city government, that could benefit from this
opportunity? I am sure when the word gets out (and it has from your
post) that you will have offers from various religious groups wanting to
get a hold of it.

If you have listeners and supporters, that make donations or underwrite
(not advertise, of course) the programming, will they step up to the
plate to help? If you are going to the trouble to carry high school
football, it would seem that there is support for this programming from
the community. Why not look for it? At the very least, contact the
Prometheus Radio folks or NFCB for some help. There are options other
than closing up shop, even it requires moving the station's transmitter
and studios to another location.

Mike Black
Geneva, NY

s[peed reply

by golly

you got that one right. it was a very excellent description of what the
station did.

and if i so choose i can shut it down and turn in the license. and sell
the
equipment on e bay.  i own all the equipment.   thought id ad that to
your
timely research.

clarence jones