[BC] FIRST LPFM BITES THE BUST

Tom Bosscher tom
Tue Sep 5 08:28:15 CDT 2006

W4DTWR wrote:

> THE POST IS SELF EXPLANATORY TOM\THANKS
> CLARENCE JONES

	Clarence, no your post is NOT self-explanatory.

Several others on this list have stated the same request:

-Are you receiving interference from an FM IBOC station,
  lowering coverage from what you had before?

	I have helped a few LPFM people, and they were
exceptionally naive as to what the true cost of running the
station is. If you cannot raise support for it, well, that
is the way it goes. Natural law applies. If there are unfair
market forces in place, then step forward and explain.

	Clarence, on this board, everyone gets to have a platform
to make a statement. However, if anyone does make a
statement, engineering or programming or anything else
broadcast related, they can and should expect others to
chime in. Well, I'm chiming, and you are refusing to answer
some simple questions. As such, the flurry of activity of
your post will calm down within a few days, and life for the
rest of us will move forward.

	In the meantime, there is a tremendous amount of free and
very good advice available here on this board. One of the
main reasons Barry runs it. I've been in this business for
over three decades, and I've turned to this board/forum for
help.

	Would you be willing to explain a bit more about how you
perceive your LPFM as to why it is not living up to
expectations?

	And I do not work for a corporate broadcaster.

	Tom Bosscher