[BC] FIRST LPFM BITES THE BUST

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Tue Sep 5 07:51:25 CDT 2006

DUDE, what is you problem?  IBOC is NOT mandatory yet, and won't be for
years to come!  Fellas on the list, I'm thinking there is more to all of
this than what Clarence is telling us.

Some one tell me, but can't we file a rule making in this situation to
transfer the license of WSHG-LP to somebody who wants it, who will take
it and so something with it? This is the most ridiculous, insane problem
that I have ever heard of. We worked so hard to get LPFM out there, and
you want to kill it?  Shame on you!

I really don't like you saying all that will be left will be the
"Preacher Jesus Funded Ones" left on the air. I happen to be a part-time
religious broadcaster myself, I love the heck out of my preachers, and I
love Jesus too! Broadcasting local church programs is COMMUNITY SERVICE,
and your local churches will be glad to help the High School keep the
station on with donations. You can still do secular programming and do
religious programming too.  My little 1 KW AM station does it, and so
can you.  We play Oldies Rock n Roll Monday thru Saturday, and all
Southern Gospel, all day on Sunday.

Here's a twist for you.  During the week, my preachers have 30 seconds
spots, promoting my Oldies Rock format and in the spot, they promote
their church too!  The Rock n Roll I play, my preachers on my station
love because it is music they grew up to when they were in High School &
College, and they mention songs they like that were out back when they
first met their current wives and started dating them.

Fellas, Let's send ole Paul Walker down there to keep that station on
the air. All we have to do is give him a bed in the station to sleep on,
and feed him cans of Benne Weenies. If we can Paul, will send you big
packs of hot dogs and hamburgers, just to keep you stomach full and keep
WSHG on!

Sorry Barry for my rant, but this is got to be the most ridiculous thing
I've ever heard of.

Scott Bailey
Owner/Operator
WMRO-AM 1560