[BC] Top 40 is not always from "Billboard"

Dennis Cope dcope
Mon Sep 4 10:03:05 CDT 2006

On 9/3/06, Thomas G. Osenkowsky <tosenkowsky at prodigy.net> wrote:
 > Many of us "engineers" have had experiences in other than
the technical arena. Many of us have been in on-air positions,
myself included. I have long held that "Oldies" stations fail
to do their research. They may rely on the Joel Whitburn
books which are based on Billboard charts. These, however,
do no reflect what the market was hearing. There were many
local hits that never charted on Billboard.

---------

Don't forget "Catch A Wave" by the Beach Boys.  According to Joel Whitburn's
book it never made the Top 40.
Well, we are a beach town and everyone here loves it.

On the air every Friday night on WCTG from 6 to 10 with a two thousand song
library.
Even the stations owner likes the show..

Dennis
WESR, WCTG