[BC] Future of Radio & Formats

Steve Newman shnewman
Sat Sep 2 20:10:41 CDT 2006

I'll start a new thread. I meant to ask this question. I am rotating about 3100 cuts in the oldies format I just implemented in Florida. Why does everyone say you're playing the same 200 songs over and over. This isn't the case. This is exactly why I mentioned proper use of and extent of the libraries. There is no difference to me with a Country or AC station playing the same songs over and over than a station playing older songs over and over. I still believe the jukebox theory applies. I've heard people in here say they're getting tired of the same 2000 songs they have on their iPods. (an aside: I have a theory that people will tire of reloading their iPods and that will "fad" will taper off. Internet broadcasting can only have so many listeners and because of the glut of those the audience is fragmented and you can't get it in your car. I tend to side with Rich on this one. I think everyone is freaking out like Hollywood freaked out when T.V. came alive in 1948. Many may say it's a horse of a different color but I don't.

Eventually it will all sort itself out as will the advertising dollars.

Steve Newman
Steve Walker Productions
Opp, AL  36467