[BC] The way we are viewed

Bruce Potterton bpotterton
Mon Jul 31 15:38:11 CDT 2006

I belive it says reserved for "Radio-Telephone"   Not Radio Station.
"Radio Telephone" is an old term for "mobile phone"  which has been
replaced with "cell phone".

Bruce Potterton
KSGN Riverside

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Paul Smith W4KNX
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 1:20 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] The way we are viewed

In looking over the list of names that equate to prefixes in telephone
exchanges and I find the exhange "97" as being reserved for radio
station use.  I wonder what city or cities used that prefix for radio
stations.  I recall in Detroit, after several central office lockups in
step offices, Michigan Bell assigned the prefix 298-xxxx to all radio
stations in the area.  That way when they locked up the exchange, only
radio station studio lines were affected.  CKLW used to be a major
offender when they had big contests.

Paul Smith
Sarasota, FL

formerly GLenview 3-1131