[BC] The way we are viewed

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Mon Jul 31 14:01:20 CDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Paul Smith W4KNX <paul at amtower.com> wrote:

> Then of course you have 867-5309  Jenny's phone number...

Several years ago, I talked with Verizon about using 867-5309 in the
610 area code.  Our morning show guys on WPLY wanted a special phone
number (something memorable) for a "love you, hate you" comment line.

Verizon told me that number (which, IIRC, is in one of the Bethlehem,
PA exchanges) had been taken out of service because the former
subscriber had been "getting a lot of nuisance calls".   However, if
we agreed to pay FX charges, we could have it.

The company decided not to spend the  money, so I just set up a
"normal" number within our existing DID block.

BTW, you EXchange fans should check out this site:

http://ourwebhome.com/TENP/TENproject.html

Mark
(formerly in NEptune 5 of the 315 area code)