[BC] The way we are viewed

Barry Mishkind barry
Mon Jul 31 10:37:51 CDT 2006

At 06:35 AM 7/31/2006, Xen Scott wrote
>At 09:10 PM 07/30/2006 -0700, Barry Mishkind wrote:
>
>>Tonight, a Mercedes-Benz commercial on NBC shows the driver setting
>>his touch screen radio.
>>
>>It displays "112.7 FM"
>

>Could it be that it's an electronic typo and they really meant 102.7 FM?

         Yes, it is possible.

>We used to pre-produce the opening for ABC's World News Tonight
>because it involved a
>lot of video and graphic elements.  One day, after multiple attempts
>at getting every thing
>to happen in the right sequence and time, the final mix of the open
>was viewed by many
>people in the control room and accepted.  The first feed of the
>program aired normally.
>During the second feed, the phone in the control room rang.  It was
>a staff person watching
>from home.  He pointed out that the date on the opening was
>wrong.  He was correct.
>It wasn't the numerical part specifying the day that was wrong, but
>the month.  None of
>the many people who saw the opening prior to that point noticed it
>and said something.

         It is always interesting to see what "slips by" in
         the crush of getting material on the air.

         Quite often the "crawl" on some of the cable
         nets will yield a surprise.... even a chuckle.

         Of course, I have a theory ... as long as you
         say it with a "normal voice" ... few people
         will really notice what you say.