[BC] Can't solve it if you don't know about it

Ron Youvan ka4inm
Sun Jul 30 16:45:17 CDT 2006

> It is clear that an engineer can't fix something he doesn't know about.

> So, what are the most effective means you have found for getting the
> message from the staff to the engineer?

> Memos?
> Email?
> Discrepancy reports?
> Fire Alarms?
> Smacks to the head?

> And the allied issue ... how do you communicate back that the problem
> has been solved?

> Note on the CR window?
> Memo?
> announcement on the PA system?
> Smacks to the head?

   Best system I have used is string tags with a little form
rubber stamped on one side and a "trouble report form" with
the same information.  (sometimes it needs to be taped on the gear)
   including:
   Name and model of equipment, location, problem, date and the person
reporting it.  (the "trouble report form" can describe the problem
in greater detail)

   If the tag is on it it is broke, when it is gone it is not.
--
    Ron  KA4INM