[BC] Ring tones for Verizln "LG" cellphone

gRAdy Moates lists
Sun Jul 30 15:04:07 CDT 2006

> I thought I heard mention that there is a software package
> available that can take any song or sound effect and
> convert it to a ring tone. Is there such an animal?
>
> How expensive is such an application.

    Generally, you can convert any .wav file to a ringtone
with a good mp3 converter.  I do it with CoolEditPro2.0.

    You then must email it to your phone (email and the
underlying service must be enabled on your account
and phone) as an attachment, which you then save to
the phone.

    Of course, this is process was worked out by a
salesperson at the nearby Cingular store who is an
enthusiastic "power user". . . he had me convert the
audio from the Red Sox game for the actual play
when we won The Pennant, and that was his ringtone
for almost a year.  You can get it at:

        http://www.loudandclean.com/RedSox.mp3

This one was mono, 16 kHz SR, 16 kb/s bitrate.

Grady