[BC] Turning lemons into cherry cola

Mike Erickson wirelessmedia
Fri Jul 28 18:41:38 CDT 2006

On 7/28/06, Robert Orban <rorban at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have to wonder if this blindness towards the 55+ audience is going to
> change now that the first baby boomers are turning 60. This is a lot of
> people, many of whom are financially at their peak, have a lot of buying
> power, and are used to getting what they want.
>
> Bob Orban

Until you can convince Madison Ave that 55+ are influenced by ads and are
willing to change purchasing habits, you will continue to see radio slice up
the small pie and play towards younger demos who are easily swayed (these
are the same people who are swayed to alternative media for entertainment,
but don't let THAT stop radio).

You have the ultimate rock and the hard place scenero, brought to you by
RADIO:  older people with radio habits being ignored by programmers as
opposed to younger people who are turning to other means of entertainment
delivery.

=Mike Erickson=
W1WHN