[BC] Re: WWV tour

Bob Groome bobgroome
Thu Jul 27 19:14:53 CDT 2006

About 6 or 7 years ago I was envolved with Arrakis systems and we set up a tour of WWV just north of Ft Collins for the Denver SBE chapter. But I wasn't the guy who did the arranging. It was a fellow named Bob Schellenberg who still lives in Ft. Collins but does not work for Arrakis anymore. Don't have his phone # here at work, but he should be in the phone book. Or try Rod Graham at the Arrakis plant to see if anyone there keep WWV contact info in their data base.

BTW: it was a great tour. This was when the 60 kH clock plant was 10 kW TPO and understand it's 20 kW now. Some where at home I have a couple photos of the plant. But right now, I could not put hands on them if I had to.

Also a posibility that some one in that chapter for 6-7 yers who went on the tour might have the assistant CE's name ... I seem to recall he lived in Ft. Collins. You really do have to schedule it because they don't really do tours anymore whithout some special planning.

Bob

"Patrick Griffith, N0NNK / WPE9HVW" <AM-DXer at webtv.net> wrote: Sorry for the slow response to Scott's query. I'm in DC working for FEMA
this week and the past few days have been the +12 hour type. I am a
member of SBE Chapter 48 in Colorado. I am circulating a message on the
Chapter 48 listserver to see if anyone there has contacts that might
arrange a tour. I'll let you know if I have any positive responses. I
remember visiting WWV around 1980. During the weekdays the gate over the
cattle guard was open and a sign invited visitors to drive on in and
knock on the door for a tour. I think security is a little tighter now.

Patrick Griffith, N0NNK
CBT CBNT CRO
Westminster CO

Do you have a BDR? http://www.oldradio.com/bdr.htm

Bob Groome
The best thing to do behind a friend's back is pat it.            Ruth Brilhart

Home address is bobgroome at yahoo.com
Work address is bobg at jampro.com
Web: www.Jampro.com
at Jampro Antennas, The most recognized antenna brand in the world. Tel: 01+ (916) 383-1177 EX 306