[BC] It wasn't the President this time.

Cowboy curt
Thu Jul 27 18:26:08 CDT 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 07:00 pm, Douglas B. Pritchett wrote:
> Not necessarily illegal. Dirty and underhanded, yes. If staff knows of
> the existance of the situation, and is told about the arrangement by
> management, totally legal.
>
> --
> Douglas B. Pritchett
> Fort Wayne, IN
> WBZQ1300 at verizon.net
>
> gRAdy Moates wrote:
>
> >Mikes are connected to preamps that have pre-fader outputs,
> >and that audio can be tapped off and fed into punch blocks,
> >and sent all over a station. ?I know of owners who did this
> >so they could keep tabs on employees' doings. ?They could listen
> >in on at least one mike in every studio. ?
> >
> > ? ?Illegal, yes. ?Provable, no. ?

 Really depends on WHY  they did it that way.
 I've built studios where the client insisted on mics being able to be
 controlled from several studios, which meant that they were always hot
 to somewhere.
 They did it so that "talk" shows could be run from multiple "control" rooms.

 Bottom line is still.....
 If there's a mic there, it's hot ALL the time !

--
Cowboy