[BC] Jackson, MS radio

Bill Brister bbrister
Thu Jul 27 17:59:11 CDT 2006

I remember that he really woke WJDX up. I was in TV there at the time and
was not familiar with the a lot internal workings and staff at the radio
stations but I remember WJDX was very staid prior to Tanner's coming and he
pepped things up considerably adding personality radio and a real upbeat
sound. I listened to WJDX for the entire time I was there 1970-1973. I don't
know if WJDX went back to sleep after his departure or not.

Bill Brister
Houston, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of gRAdy Moates
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:43 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Jackson, MS radio

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:10:04 -0400, Douglas B. Pritchett wrote
> You are correct about KNOE (the FM).  I think (Bill Tanner)
> may have started in Laurel MS (WNSL??).

I had worked for WKOR in Starkville, MS in 1969, and he was
the guy who programmed WKOR during that first summer it was
on-the-air.  I thought it was cool that we were both in
Jackson, MS in 1970, working across town from each other, and
both of us cut our teeth on WKOR.

Grady