[BC] Looks Like Congress Needs Money...

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo
Thu Jul 27 16:40:49 CDT 2006

I totally agree. This is Bull$hit!!
Giving $10,000 dollar fines to 100 watt college student activity noncoms is
RIDICULOUS!!!
That's probably more then WCHC's entire yearly budget!
The FCC should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Not to mention that the FCC release sure looked like boilerplate to me -
virtually every one was identical, with just the  call signs changed.

Hmmm..I wonder if the **AA is running the FCC these days. It sure would
explain a few things...

------ Original Message ------
From: "Tom Taggart" <tpt at eurekanet.com>
To: Broadcast at radiolists.netCc:
Subject: [BC] Looks Like Congress Needs Money...

Today's Dailey Digest, several stations fined for not having the stupid issues
lists in their public files--and more to the point, not lying about it to the
FCC at renewal time.

Honesty never buys you anything in Sodom and Gomorrah on the Potomac.

One of the stations fined $10,000 is WCHC, a 100 watt station licensed to Holy
Cross College in Worchester. Buddy to one of the Commissioners must want the
station out of the way! Probably so some Bible-thumper can expand.

Unless these folks get mad & call in whatever markers they have with the
politico's  (a Catholic College in Masschusetts surely must have some powerful
friends); we will see another independent media outlet going away.  I rather
doubt that we will see $10,000 be paid to keep a college station alive.

Do you have a BDR? http://www.oldradio.com/bdr.htm