[BC] Digital vs new (was: stamping opinions)

Cowboy curt
Thu Jul 27 16:03:46 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 08:18 pm, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> But is there any real LISTENER demand for so-called "personality" radio?  I
> don't mean a bunch of middle-aged radio guys reminiscing about the good old
> days, I mean the general public.

 When they've heard REAL personality radio, yes ! ( IMHO )

> There is copious research showing that
> listeners would rather hear music than a bunch of yappy djs.

 Sure, and I can easily point to "research" that showed the entire market
 didn't want traffic reporting !

 The truth was that ONE jock would "report" every 15 minutes during
 afternoon drive, "Watch out for the yahoo's. They're out there !" with nothing
 else as part of this "traffic report".
 Small surprise that "research" showed that the general public didn't want
 traffic reports !!

 Research has its place, but we must be VERY careful with it.

--
Cowboy