[BC] stamping opinions

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu Jul 27 10:25:27 CDT 2006

On 26 Jul 2006 at 22:24, Rich Wood wrote:

> ------ At 04:15 PM 7/26/2006, cldube wrote: -------
>
> >Jeeeese Rich!  I would have thought that you could have
> >at least bought some time with one of the scores of C5
> >Galaxy test flights that populate the skies over the
> >area here. Imagine how many receivers you could pack
> >into one of them babies!
>
> I'm told those are originating at Barnes Air Base just up
> the street from me.

Most unlikely. They usually fly out of Westover in Chicopee.

> Why would I buy time on one of them? I don't own any stations
> and I won't see a piece of the action. I have a policy of not
> subsidizing profit-making corporations.

You think Ibiquity is making a profit? They can't, because you
aren't subsidizing their receiver distribution, Rich. That is
where they will make the real money, on receiver licensing.
Now, you admit you aren't doing your part. Come on Rich, you
are holding up the whole parade. Get in line and pay your
money like everybody else.

> What would they be used for? Planters?

Rich, Rich, Rich, it's the principle of the thing that counts.
If you want nighttime testing, you just gotta help out. That's
the way it is.

> My experience with the receiver in this area hasn't been good.
> I'd be set upon by all the farmers with herds with bovine
> belly aches.

Just think, with one fell swoop of a C-5 you could assure the
IBOC revolution and contribute to the full employment of every
vet in the Pioneer Valley. Come on Rich, you would become
historic. Maybe you'd get a statue in Springfield across from
the campanile.

> > Santa Claus should have such resources (although he does
> > get NORAD for a spell).
>
> I'm going to let him take the hit.

The opportunity is here, the time is now. You don't want to
go down in history beside E. Scrooge, do you?

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037