[BC] We do it because we can, not because it is right

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32
Thu Jul 27 02:06:09 CDT 2006

On 7/26/06, Bernie Courtney <jerseyspikes at gmail.com> wrote:

> anybody who calls 911 and assumes their call is NOT being recorded and
> unaware that recording is public record for any to use as they please
> should
> have their head examined in the first place.  Most public service call
> centers also use systems that use a beep every few seconds to alert the
> caller that the call is being taped.

> On 7/26/06, Bill Croghan <loteng at lvradio.com> wrote:
> >
> >  I wonder how this would apply to FCC part
> > 73.11206

> Do you have a BDR? http://www.oldradio.com/bdr.htm

I've been following this thread, and pardon my frankness, but those of you
who would air 911 calls are a bunch of clods.

Why in the H E double L would you want to air someone's grief and anguish,
for the sake of a sensationalist broadcast?

My opinion of broadcasting in general just took a huge nosedive.

Rights to it indeed. If you air these, I hope the hell someone airs YOUR
personal tragedy someday. Then see how YOU like it.

Angrily yours,

--
JM