[BC] BA Recepter

Barry Mishkind barry
Wed Jul 26 12:50:11 CDT 2006

I realize this is old news .. many of you already have purchased or
received a Recepter from your station.

However, this is the first time I was able to have one at home, and
it was interesting to see it operate in my environment, which is
neither particularly close to a site (no overload), nor extremely
distant (I am 13.5 miles from a Class A FM and 18+ miles from the main C site.

While I have not yet tried an outside antenna, I picked up most of
the local IBOC stations either with the rat-tail or dipole just
tossed over the end of the coffee table.

I even got the "HD" symbol for an AM (in the daytime) 107 miles
away.  It did not lock, though.

Remembering that this is the first (and still virtually the only)
table top unit, there is much to be impressed with. No, the glass is
not full.  It is half full.  But it is not half empty; instead of
whining and moaning, BA got it together and put out Version
1.0    Perhaps you have an aversion to V 1.0 ... and will await the
next model.

In the meantime, we return you to the "Content Wars."