[BC] RE: Making engineering pay

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Tue Jul 25 09:58:41 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/24/2006 5:01:38 P.M. Central Standard Time,
tosenkowsky at prodigy.net writes:

>This  treads dangerously into union territory, which is a role that the SBE
is  not mandated nor equipped to fill.

Additionally, there may be the  criminal aspect of price fixing/gouging
to deal with. This is not a role,  nor in my opinion should it be, for  the
SBE.

TOM

Is this price fixin'?   or the price of fixin' ?   I'm  fixin to raise my
fixin' rates,  I've been too cheap for years.    My wife even says I'm cheap.

In fact I have a stations solid state module in my shop that owes me over
$200.00 for some service work.  I was supposed to repair it but when I  started
having trouble collecting, I just kept it.  On the third past due  notice,  I
made it clear I was going to sell it on ebay if not paid.

Their new engineer called me and told me he explained that it would be
cheaper for them to pay the bill than buy a replacement module.

Still no resolution.

Cheap Dave
fixin to go to lunch