[BC] Voice of America site tour?

Xmitters@aol.com Xmitters
Tue Jul 25 09:53:49 CDT 2006

Hello,

My wife and step youngster are planning a vacation to North Carolina in
August. I am interested in touring the VOA transmitter site while I am there.

Is this allowed these days, and who would I call to make the arrangements? I
did an Anywho.com search on Voice of America there, and nothing came up.

If this is allowed, what documentation do we need to have in our posession to
get into the place? Quite likely, I will be going there by myself while the
wife and step kid do their thing. I may be surprised to find that they are
interested in coming along too :-)  Therefore, I would like to make arrangements
for all three of us to tour the place.

BTW, some time between August 14 to August 18, so maybe there's not enough
time to set this up :-(

Thanks beforehand, for the advice and possible resources.

Jeff Glass
Northern Illinois University